The Street Medicine + Community Outreach Team provides our neighbors in need with the necessary medical, dental, and mental health services offered at Heritage Health.
Additionally, outreach specialists work to connect individuals and families to available community resources.
Services are client-oriented, culturally sensitive, and provided with respect to each individual and family.
Mobile Medical Services
Heritage Health's Street Medicine + Community Outreach program offers a wide array of mobile medical services.
• Healthcare for the homeless and underserved
• Management of Acute & Chronic Illnesses and/or Injuries
• Immunizations & Flu Shots
• Outreach Services
First come, first served appointments
In addition to our Mobile Medical, we also have community outreach resources and services including:
• Homeless Verification Letters
• Assistance connecting to Substance/Alcohol Abuse Treatment
• Assistance connecting to additional Local Resources
• Emergency Food and Clothing Closet
• Assistance with Job Searching and/or Resumes
• Day Room with Boot Dryers, Hot Food, Coffee, and Water for those getting other services
Do You Want to Help?
Contact us for volunteer opportunities or to donate items or resources to help our homeless neighbors.
Many people want to help our homeless community members but they don’t know how. One of the most practical ways to help is by providing simple items that can be stored easily and used daily.
We have provided a “shopping list” of items that can be purchased and donated to our Heritage Health Street Medicine & Community Outreach team. We will make sure donated items get to those in need. The people we serve are very grateful for your gift.
This shopping list provides many of the bare essentials that will help those who are experiencing homelessness to stay fed, clean, and warm.
We encourage you to donate the following items to the Heritage Health Homeless Outreach mobile unit or keep them with you to distribute when you see someone in need:
These items, along with cash donations can be dropped off in the collection box or at Heritage Health’s Street Medicine + Community Outreach Office:
(208) 292.0303 or (208) 215.1009
- Coeur d'Alene
- Post Falls
- St. Maries