NEXTMD: Online Patient Portal
Secure Health Management in just a few easy steps.
What is the Online Patient Portal?
The Online Patient Portal, Next MD, is a convenient and secure health management tool you can use anywhere you have access to the Internet.
Through the Online Patient Portal, you can:
- Communicate with your provider through a safe and secure environment
- Request and review documents such as lab results, immunization records and visit summaries
- View your medications and request refills
- Request and view your appointment(s) online
- Utilize the "Research Center" to browse health related information
Steps to get started
- Follow the link provided, or log onto: www.NextMD.com
- If you are logging in for the first time, click on the “Enroll Now” button. You will be prompted to enter your token and setup your new account.
- To log on in future visits, go to: www.NextMD.com or click the button on this page.
Using the Research Center
Click on the “Research Center” to search for information on medications, health topics, and other educational tools.
Requesting Your Health Record
Click on “My Chart” and “Request Health Record” to request a record of all your health history including a list of medications, immunizations, allergies and more.
A printable version of your records will be sent to your portal “Inbox.”
Communicating with Your Provider
Click on the “Mail” tab to compose a question or message directly to your medical provider regarding matters such as lab results, past visit and referrals.
Viewing Communication from the Provider
Click on your portal “Inbox” to view messages and documents that have been sent to you.
Click on “Renew Medications” to view a current list of your medications and request refills.
Requesting an Appointment
Click on “Schedule” and “Request Appointment.” Select the provider, type of visit, location and the preferred date and time of your appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can my family access the Online Patient Portal?
Yes, you can give family members, such as parents, children or healthcare proxies, access to the Online Patient Portal. Please contact your physician’s office to add family members.
Is my information safe?
Yes. Passwords are encrypted and the webpages are designed so that the information cannot be copied or pasted. You and authorized family members are the only ones who can access your Online Patient Portal. Also, a timeout feature protects your information if you leave the page open.
What if I ever have technical problems with the Online Patient Portal?
Yes. Passwords are encrypted and the webpages are designed so that the information cannot be copied or pasted. You and authorized family members are the only ones who can access your Online Patient Portal. Also, a timeout feature protects your information if you leave the page open.For username or password questions, contact your physician’s office.
For technical questions, contact the Information Technology Help Desk at 208.625.5555